Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello Kitty WIP complete!...wait..what?!


No Space Shark update today, got one one of the girliest post you'll ever see on deck instead.

I have had another project on my table to complete with the utmost haste and importance, so others have had to wait. What is that you may ask? Well, its part of my wife's birthday present! She's a big fan of cute stuff and what is cuter than Hello Kitty! She is also a BIG Alabama football fan (season tickets, tons' o shirts, was on the spirit team when she went there for college, etc.) So what better way to give both her favorites than to combine them into one! Ladies and gentlemen I give you the Hello Kitty Alabama cheerleader mini:

















I made it out of sculpey clay. I had got introduced to sculpey a few years ago when we were making christmas ornaments out of it at a friends house. I liked it so much I managed to make my groom's cake topper out of it for our wedding (I didnt make the cake, not that talented!):




















The mario and princess sculpts were actually easier than this one. It would have been alot easier had I had enough scupley in the right colors for each part. I had to prime and paint parts thier respective colors and that took some time.

















I am also not a sculptor in the least bit, so making this thing from scratch was kind of a pain (despite how simple it looks) but worth it.I got a cake to make tommorow when she gets home (she went with her family to the football game today) so hopefully she'll like both and be super suprised!

I promise a spaceshark update next time!

7 comments:

  1. Very cool dude, never having sculpted I'd say top class job. Looks incredible to me, she must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    Have you already checked out my new hobby blog, Tale of Painters? I've joined forces with Sigur and Garfy, whose models you've probably seen in various forums or on the blog on GW.com. We've got tutorials, showcases, reviews and various projects going on, e.g. Garfy posts about assembling and painting a mighty Thunderhawk!

    We've also started a new Blog Network! Join by adding a Tale of Painters banner to your blog, and your newest posts will appear in the Network widget over at Tale of Painters! A great way to promote your blog and find new readers! On top of that, the crew at Tale of Painters keeps a close eye to the Network and will present the best posts in a post of their own!

    So come over and check out http://www.taleofpainters.com, I'd very happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always receive the best information from your site. So, I feel that your site is the best. I am waiting for new information from you. Thanks for your great site. I thought of sharing the updated list of the website here that should help you further and are not limited.

    free netflix account
    ---------------------------------
    douchebag workout 2 cheats
    ---------------------------------
    GTA 5 apk
    ---------------------------------

    From trickyocean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jio Lottery is famous Indian Lottery. Join to win big amounts in real time announcements and become easily Jio Lottery Winner in 2020.

    ReplyDelete